Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The best "Best Banana Muffins"

A sweet friend/co-worker of mine makes "The Best Banana Bread." That is actually the title of the recipe. Truth be told, it really is good. However, I can't ever leave anything alone so I tweaked her recipe yesterday. I had some time on my hands and since I had several bananas in the freezer that I've been saving up to make banana bread, I pulled out the recipe. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to wait an hour for bread to bake, so I decided to make muffins instead. I call this recipe, The Best Best Banana Muffins.

Here at home, we've managed to eat several over the last couple days. I also brought some to work, which were gobbled up, too. I'm trying to save some for breakfast tomorrow. Try the recipe. You may find you have the same problem. Caution: This recipe contains chocolate. *yum*

4 ripe mashed bananas (thawed if previously frozen)
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup vanilla soy milk (I used the Vanilla Light Silk)
1 tsp Butter nut & vanilla extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp Baking soda
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.  Pour batter evenly into muffin cups lined with paper liners. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Makes 24 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment