Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

On my "to do" list...

I've been busy lately and haven't had time to make anything...well, besides Easter Dinner, which BTW, was  a total success.  Everyone had so much fun. Plus, my friend Carolyn-Marie made the BEST salad. I'll see if I can get the recipe and share it with you.

Anyway, this week, I found a couple recipes I want to make. The first is using the left-over pink champagne I had from my cupcakes.  I found this recipe for Strawberry jam using Pink Champagne:

STRAWBERRY PINK CHAMPAGNE JAM

4 ½ cups strawberries
1 package powdered pectin
¼ cup lemon juice
½ cup pink champagne
7 cups sugar

Combine strawberries, lemon juice, pectin and champagne in pan. Over high heat, bring to a rolling boil. Add sugar. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a rolling boil again. Continue to stir and boil for 1 to 2 minutes. Place in sterilized jars while still hot.

The other one is Cake Batter Pancakes from the blog, "How Sweet It Is."

The next creative endeavor I want to tackle is a mixed media art project. I got a book for my birthday from my friend Tiffany called, "Art at the Speed of Life", which has inspired me.

I have a huge canvas in my office/studio ready to go. I just have to get in there and start!

I'll keep you updated.

Until then...have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment