Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What I've been doing lately... making a fabric handbag

Several years ago, I bought several purse handles on clearance at a craft store. Then, I packed them away never to be seen again...until last Saturday. I pulled out the wood handles and some brown and white pin-dot fabric from the closet but then was stumped on what to do with it. So, I started looking for inspiration. It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do, but after some doodling sketches, searching google images and diddle daddling at Hobby Lobby--I came up with this bag>

It has a front and back pocket and snaps in the middle. I made the rose, too by melting satin ribbon. I'll take a better picture of the rose and post directions in a different post later. I'd give you step by step directions to make the purse but since I made up the design by trial and error...you don't want to go through what I went through. In addition, there are things I would have done differently. None the less, I think it turned out cute for the first time purse I have ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment