Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Roll over images: handmade pillows

I learned a new trick: how to make roll over images. I'd like to use it later for before and after posts. Just for practice, I used photos of pillows I made this past fall. If you roll your mouse over, you will see the other photo. So, cool! (I realize to some this is pretty easy html coding, but I just learned how about 30 minutes ago). Do you want to make a roll over image, too? Here's the tutorial.



Ok, so since I posted photos of my pillows- I'll tell you what I did.

  1. I started out with a red cotton twin sheet and some muslin. I measured around two down pillow inserts and left about 1/2 inch seam allowance; cutting one in the muslin and then one in the red cotton. 
  2. Then picked out some black and white images from Clipart ETC. I printed the images on iron on transfer paper, then ironed the images onto the muslin. 
  3. Lastly, I sewed the two pieces of fabric together, inserted the down inserts and hand-sewed the opening. 
Viola! C'est fini.

No comments:

Post a Comment