Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Guilty of being a clothes horse

Oh, my...

*GUILTY* of 'being a clotheshorse' and possibly gluttony

clothes·horse  (klzhôrs, klz-)
n. : 2. A person excessively concerned with dress.
gluttony [ˈglʌtənɪ]
: 2. greedy or excessive indulgence

Back in November, I took one of our extra bedrooms and made it my office/walk-in-closet. Ever since I did it, I've had nothing but troubles. 
1.    One of the clothing racks fell on me. I was buried in clothes, crying out, "Help!" for my husband who was laughing. He was not sympathetic. pfff.
  1. It isn't practical as an office either because it feels cramped and I can't get to anything. 
I knew I was going to have to go in there at some point and make some changes. I have just been putting it off. 

Yay! today is the day (read: sarcasm). 

Well, I have to actually do some work in the office today and need to reach some cables for the computer. I can't get to anything the way it is...so, I dove in...ready or not! 

I took my clothes racks, shoe racks and shelves and moved them into the guest room. I decided to over-take use the guest room instead of the office. I stored away the queen size bed and swapped it for the twin size bed, which I'm putting in the office to use as a daybed/sofa. 
In the process of making the switch, I realized I have a lot of clothes. I mean, a lot. What woman needs 40 jackets? or 30 dresses or 30 skirts? Really. I haven't even mentioned shoes. I realized I've been gluttonous over clothes

I had an epiphany that I need to stop shopping for clothes and shoes. I decided I am going to take a break. I'm thinking, I will try to go *ALL* spring/summer 2011 without adding anything new to my wardrobe. 

Let's see if I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment