Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Decisions, decisions...

About two and a half years ago, I was on the hunt for an armoire for my kitchen because the house we moved into didn't have enough cupboard space (or storage/closet space for that matter).

While surfing the internet, I found this lovely french country classic armoire from Kate Madison for a mere $1895. Hmm. On my budget, that was not going to work (nor would it now).


Fortunately, I found this Mexican rustic armoire at a used furniture store for under $200.


I liked the arched top and doors. My original thought was to paint it like the one from Kate Madison. I even bought some red milk paint (which I still have). Then I got it in the kitchen and it began to grow on me just the way it is. It has stayed the same for the two and 1/2 years.
But then I started thinking again...(that usually means trouble) maybe I should redo it. Add corkboard to the inside of the doors, paint it red and change the hardware. 


Changing the hardware is where this all started again. You see, a couple weeks ago, I was at Hobby Lobby and discovered that they have a fantastic knob/hardware collection. They sell some of the same knobs as Anthropologie but for only $3.99.  

Seriously, can you believe it?


I found both these knobs at Hobby Lobby:
From Anthropologie these knobs are $8.00 a piece.  So, you see when I saw the ones at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 the price, I couldn't help but think what piece of furniture can I redo?


Then, I saw this idea from BHG.com

This was where I got the idea of adding the cork to the doors of my armoire.


It just seems that maybe it's time to tackle this project. 


What do you think? Keep it the way it is or go for it?  Do you think it would even look good painted red?

-Carissa

1 comment:

  1. Yes, definitely paint it! Are you surprised I would say that? Well, I'm not a big fan of the southwest look that armoire is sporting now, but it has a wonderful shape and would look great painted.

    ReplyDelete