Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

What's cooking? Quiche Lorraine

I made Quiche Lorraine tonight using my deep dish quiche pan from Williams Sonoma. Last time I made it, I tried to prebake my crust. Unfortunately, the dish is so deep that the crust sank. I ended up throwing the crust out and making the quiche without prebaking. Since then I bought some pie weights.



So, tonight I prebaked my crust using the weights and it turned out great. Well, then the recipe I had didn't fill the crust. I had to spontaneously double the recipe. No matter, it still created a tasty quiche.



Want the recipe?

Quiche Lorraine for a deep quiche pan
Ingredients:

1 layer pastry dough
8 slices bacon, crumbled
8 eggs
1 cup half and half
1 cup cream
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 1/2 cups Gruyere or Swiss cheese, shredded

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Fit the pastry into a deep-dish quiche pan. Sprinkle the bacon onto the bottom layer of the pastry. Beat together the eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour the eggs over the bacon and sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Bake the quiche for 50-60 minutes, until the eggs are set in the middle. Cool slightly and serve.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment